The following are the scholarship programs offered for undergraduate applicants. Students may apply for the programs before or during the admission application period. Applicants may find program details via this website or from the supporting organizations.
Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)
- International applicants who wish to apply for 4-year undergraduate programs of SNU.
*Those who wish to study in programs longer than 4 years – such as medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, and architecture – cannot apply for this scholarship.
Number of Recipients
- Approximately 20 – 40 every year
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 800,000 KRW per month
- Airfare: one economy round trip
*Korean language training fee: one yearKorean language training is mandatory and if the student does not achieve TOPIK grade 3 within a year, he is not eligible to enter the degree program.
- Others: medical insurance, settlement and returning expenses
- Applicants submit applications for this program to Korean embassies in their countries → The embassies make the first selection → The National Institute for International Education makes the final selection
Overseas Koreans Scholarship
- Overseas Korean students who wish to take undergraduate degrees at SNU
- Full tuition exemption for a maximum of 8 semesters (Only when conditions are met)
- Living expenses: 900,000 KRW per month for 8 semesters (maximum)
- Airfare for one economy round trip
- Korean language training fee: fee exemption at the Language Education Institute for 6 months
- Medical insurance subscription (private company)
- February or March (Once per year, Recruitment period is about one month)
- Applicants submit applications (apply online and print) and other documents to Korean embassies in their countries → The embassies make the first selection → The Overseas Koreans Foundation make the second selection